This is a 3 day accredited skills programme.
Training either takes place at the client site, or at the venue for our public programmes in Jet Park, Boskburg (Gauteng).
Number of credits: 14
Duration: 3 Days
- 7469 (Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal and community life)
- 119667 (Identify the composition of a selected new venture’s industry/sector and its procurement systems)
- 14341 (Keep informed about current affairs related to on)
This course will teach learners how to use mathematical variables to make sense of various mathematical situations. They will be able to identify the structures within a selected industry or sector, in light of the business procurement principles and processes. It is the starting point for a learner new to the industry they are working in. The focus is knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learner`s own context and experience of the world of work.
The programme content is set around the following outcomes:
- Use mathematics to plan and control personal and/or household budgets and income and expenditure
- Use simple and compound interest to make sense of and define a variety of situations including investments, stokvels, inflation, appreciation and depreciation
- Investigate various aspects of financial transactions including costs, prices, revenue, cost price, selling price, loss and profit
- Identifying and analysing the value chain within a selected industry or sector
- Identifying the business principles and processes within a selected sector or industry’s environment
- Demonstrating an understanding of different procurement systems that may apply in specific sector/industry
- Identifying events in the physical, social and business environment that impact on the industry in which they are working
- Identifying people and business trends from the news