This is a 3 day accredited skills programme.
Training either takes place at the client site, or at the venue for our public programmes in Jet Park, Boskburg (Gauteng).
Number of credits: 14
Duration: 3 Days
- 8974 (Engage in sustained oral communication and evaluate spoken texts)
- 8968 (Accommodate audience and context needs in oral communication)
- 7791 (Display cultural awareness in dealing with customers and colleagues)
This programme will enable learners to participate effectively in oral communication in most situations. They will be able to articulate their purpose and meaning clearly by using language to convey detailed information, and to express their ideas and feelings. Learners will become more aware of their audiences and purposes for communication. They will also learn how to communicate effectively in order to resolve differences that arise as a result of cultural diversity.
The programme content is set around the following outcomes:
- Respond critically yet sensitively as a listener
- Analyse own responses to spoken texts and adjust as required
- Use strategies to be an effective speaker in sustained oral interactions
- Evaluate spoken discourse
- Interact successfully with audience in oral communication
- Use strategies that capture and retain the interest of an audience
- Identify and respond to manipulative use of language
- Explain the importance of being knowledgeable about the culture of overseas visitors