Number of credits: 120
SAQA ID: 50334
The development of skills within and for the workplace is a priority within South Africa, as supported by legislation, national policies and strategies. Much of the needed skills development is carried out by people who have knowledge and skills within their area of expertise, but lack the required skills in relation to ETD. Many of the skills development objectives, nationally and within companies and organisations, are met through the efforts of ETD practitioners operating at NQF Level 5, and this certificate addresses the key competencies of such practitioners.
This qualification will meet the need of those who wish to progress beyond the FETC ODETD, or who wish to enter the field of ETD for the first time. The certificate will also help to increase the employment prospects of ETD practitioners, while helping to ensure quality and competence within the ETD field.
The programme content is set around the following outcomes:
- Communicate in a variety of ETD settings
- Design and develop learning programmes and processes
- Facilitate and evaluate learning
- Engage in and promote assessment practices
- Provide learning support to learners and organisations
- It is assumed that practitioners have expertise in the subject/occupation field in which they intend to provide education, training and development, at a level required to engage meaningfully in ETD within that field.
It is also assumed that learners working towards this qualification hold a Further Education and Training Certificate or equivalent.